[Healeys] Stator Tube & Trafficator Question

AAHealeyguy at aol.com AAHealeyguy at aol.com
Sun Sep 23 19:41:10 MDT 2007

Hi gang,   I have a 1957 100/6 BN4 and recently rebuilt the trafficator and
replaced it into the steering cloumn.   My problem is re-installing the olive
on the stator tube at the other end of the steering column.   Is the stator
tube supposed to stick out of the end plate nipple just a litte, so that I can
insert the olive onto it??  It does not on mine.
I installed the olive into the nipple hole (that the stator tube was not
sticking out of) then installed and tightened the nut...... and munched/crushed
the olive.  Had to buy a new one.
I was told that I need to install the olive onto the end of the stator tube.
I cannot seem to get the stator tube to protrude out the end of the end plate
nipple.   Any suggestions or what might I be doing wrong.     And  YES my
steering box oil just pours out.

Thanks for any input.
Gerry K (in San Diego)