[Healeys] tips on overdrive use

RThrift rthrift at cox.net
Sun Sep 23 13:31:20 MDT 2007

   Thanks  for  the  link,  Steve!   It  answers some questions I had: it
   states  the  OD "should be operated without using the clutch pedal and
   at any throttle opening."  I wasn't sure about either of these points,
   and  had  skimmed the owners manual & workshop manuals without finding
   any such statements, so it's good to see the official answers.
   However, engaging OD while accelerating feels like I'm mistreating it,
   despite  the LdN manual saying "at any throttle position."  So, should
   I  baby it?  Can someone confirm the best way to use OD, and what kind
   of usage is detrimental?
   thanks
   Richard