[Healeys] Chinese driving

John Loftus loftusdesign at cox.net
Thu Sep 20 21:53:02 MDT 2007

I've been to Shanghai twice this year. It's true they don't eat while driving .. they are too busy smoking and breaking every traffic law known to mankind! It is an interesting study in traffic
flow though ... lots of honking but no one seems to get mad at each other. I thought we were going to die many times while being driven around. Our driver only hit one pedestrian and he lived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_G9fFEqwnM&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6prp1J1RcwU

Of course, this is not Hong Kong where things are much more civilized.

From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake Light switch

Living overseas I have come to realize that Americans are the only
nationality I know of that find it acceptable to eat and drink while
walking on the street or driving.  In fact, the mainland Chinese who
are considered to have arguably the least amount of common ettiquite
in the world (no flaming please, I am half Chinese) would never find
it acceptable to eat while walking or driving...  that being said they
wouldn't think one nanosecond about cutting a line!