[Healeys] Redline MTL

Dave Russell rusd at sitestar.net
Wed Sep 19 16:24:18 MDT 2007

Hi Steve,

Don't know about the cost. I don't change it that often. I consider it
well worth the cost. I use RL MT-90.  It certainly improves OD clutch &
gear box synchronizer operation  for me.

Gear oils are viscosity rated at different temperatures (lower) than
motor oils. MT-90 is a 75W-90 gear oil & is equivalent to a SAE 10W-40
motor oil. Redline MTL is  a SAE 70W-80 gear oil & is equivalent to a
SAE 5W-30 motor oil. Both oils are rated as API GL-4 oils.

Regards,
Dave Russell