[Healeys] Brake light switch

Leonard Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 16:53:02 MDT 2007

Bob:  There is a purpose built commercial switch that you can see at
http://www.srbymichael.com/products/brakes/brakes.shtml
Scroll down to 'Brake Light Switch, Mechanical'.  I found this by Googling
"brake light switch+hot rod".

or a better picture at
http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/custom_cars.html
as suggested by Dave M.

No financial interest but in looking at just these two sites, I would
recommend you shop around for the best price.

The other alternative is to obtain a micro switch that can be wired
'normally open' and construct a bracket for it.  I did so with a flat piece
of aluminum cut and bent to shape and secured to a screw that holds the vent
cover to the air box under the dash close to the pedals.  I have attached a
picture for you.  This switch is a NO and/or NC and has three wires as it
services two functions on my car:  brake lights (NO) and cruise control
disengage (NC).

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031