[Healeys] Brake light switch

Alan Schultz alan at andysnet.net
Tue Sep 18 13:13:07 MDT 2007

My advise to anyone having a car equipped with a pressure switch to
activate the stop lights is to install a mechanical switch at the brake
pedal that is adjusted to close the N.O. switch with about 1/2 inch of
pedal travel. As you touch the pedal for braking the stop lights come
on. Beats the pressure switch hands-down. Makes me much more comfortable
when someone on a cell phone is tight up to my rear. My panic stop would
put them in my trunk.

Those tail-gaters also convinced me to install a third high mounted stop
light incorporated into my luggage rack. Guess I'm paranoid!! ;-)

67BJ8
51JagMKVII
Alan Schultz