[Healeys] Brake light switch

Leonard Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 18 11:37:24 MDT 2007

For what it is worth, and it may not be worth anything due to its age, I
found the following notes that date back to 1994 when I replaced my brake
switch.  Chief Auto Parts merged with Auto Zone in 1998.  If anyone has the
where-with-all to check for a cross reference, the following part number, or
a good number, may be found.

"Switch:  Chief Auto Parts, PT3211 B.

Adaptor:  Orchard Supply Hardware, 9073131, 3/16 FLR X 1/8 FPT.

Recommend good metal washer/gasket between adaptor and 3 way fitting to
assure no leaks."

It should be noted that the amount of pressure on the brake pedal required
to light the brake lights was about the same as the original switch so I
later installed a micro-switch on the brake pedal in parallel with the
hydraulic switch.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031