[Healeys] Petronix

Dave Russell rusd at sitestar.net
Mon Sep 17 15:57:11 MDT 2007

Reinhart,

The Hundred Four uses a very long drive shaft/gear. The replacement
distributors that I  have seen come with a short shaft & drive dog.
This dog must be replaced with the original type long drive shaft/gear.
A cross pin needs to be pressed out, & sometimes a new hole needs to be
drilled through the distributor shaft so that the pin can be installed
through the original shaft. Some distributor builders use a different
size pin & the holes must be matched accordingly. Also the shaft may
require addition or removal of shims to adjust the distributor shaft end
float. Not really easy, but it can be done.

If you are going to go to this trouble, it's worthwhile to check the
condition of the drive gear itself & maybe replace if needed.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2