[Healeys] Voltage Regulator Problems

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
Mon Sep 17 02:03:31 MDT 2007

Hello Rich,
I am little late with my reply to your generator/regulator problem, as I was
offline during the weekend. I had a similar problem, when I had rebuild the
generator of my BN1 some years ago. I did the rebuild by my own and I fitted
the four brushes 900 twisted, which caused the symtoms you describe. You can
check this, when you run the generator as a motor. You need to take the
generator out of the car and connect the D an F terminals together and connect
with a battery. The generator should run like a motor. But if you put the
brushes 900 wrong, then the pulley turns in the wrong direction, not like it
was driven by the engine when installed. You can change the polarity and it
still runs in the wrong direction. You get the right direction, when you move
the brushes 900. So just move the brushes to brush holders 900 back or forth.
Hope you understand what I want to say. Sorry, English is not my mother
tongue.
Cheers,

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY