[Healeys] Scuttle Shake

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Sat Sep 15 16:32:13 MDT 2007

Greg,

I did this mod to my BN7 during resto.  Came up with the idea then heard that Bill had done it earlier.  Oh well . ........... great minds run in the same gutter.  That mod along with balancing the brake drums makes her silky smooth.  Strongly recommend both.

One note.  You will need to grind out a small area in the angle iron maybe 1/2 x 3/4 long to clear the starter solenoid.  Also two small notches on the horizontal piece to clear the brackets for mounting the cross shaft for throttle linkage.

Additionally I would suggest you add some welds to the firewall structure around the tranny.  If I recall the welds were every 3-4 inches across the top and down the side.  I would have them every inch or so.

Keith Pennell