[Healeys] Front Grill - top mounting holes

wericars at aol.com wericars at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 09:37:24 MDT 2007

Dear list, would one of you please confirm or correct me.? I have a 3000 MK III with the 3 piece grill.? Lets call the pieces The elipse, the oval and the slats.?The elipse has nuts welded into it.? The oval and the slats stack behind the elipse and have tabs that?mounting studs pass through and thread into the welded nuts in the elipse.? These studs also pass through the corresponding holes in the shroud and then nuts and washers?secure the grill in place.? Anyway here is my question:? Do?both sets?of tabs on the top edge of the?oval-slat assembly align?in front of?the corresponding tabs/holes on the shroud, or do the shroud tabs "sandwich" between the tabs on the grill.? The manual just tells you to remove the studs and then remove the grill without any instruction on the order of assembly.

Sorry if this isn't clear.? I'll be happy to clarify anything.

Thanks

Bill
Boston area
65 BJ8