[Healeys] Targa Newfroundland--conclusion

awgertoo at aol.com awgertoo at aol.com
Fri Sep 14 16:38:40 MDT 2007

This afternoon the Salter/Oritt team driving Healey 100 (AHX12) successfully finished the Targa Newfoundland!??

Yesterday the rearend began getting noisy and last night we found a garage to work in where the pumpkin?was removed.? On further examination we found the that the bolts?fixing the ring gear to the adapter plagte were loose and?rubbing against the housing.? Michael reinstalled them with some loc-tite,?buttoned the rear-end back up and pronounced us good to go.

Today we ran north from Marystown back to St. John's completing?all seven Targa stages without incident, most within the time allotted.??At the finish we received Finisher's medallions for completing the event under our own power, no mean feat in and of itself. And though all?awards will not be presented until tomorrow evening I know that we won our class!

Best--Michael Oritt