[Healeys] State Smog Laws

sbyers at ec.rr.com sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 14:27:23 MDT 2007

In North Carolina, cars 35 years old and older do not have to be inspected at all - neither smog nor normal safety inspection.  At the moment, the requirement for emissions inspection only applies to certain metropolitan areas but the coverage seems to be growing each year.  The requirement for an annual safety inspection applies statewide, except for the exemption on older cars.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA