[Healeys] Lucas Issue

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 12 20:39:47 MDT 2007

Paul:

In addition to the suggestion from Alan:

Likeliest cause - invisible corrosion on the battery posts / cable
terminals.  The exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago - and that
was with a previously applied coating of dielectric grease.  Cleaning that
area solved the problem.

The other thing coud be the battery master switch itself - they have been
known to go intermittent internally.

If you suspect the black / white wire as per Alan's suggestion, disconnect
it at the switch in the trunk rather than the coil, in case the problem is
somewhere along it's run in the wiring harness.

But I'd guess the battery posts.  Let us know.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8