[Healeys] Motor Install

linwood rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Wed Sep 12 05:06:23 MDT 2007

Peter, and to all who suggested that I install the motor with the
transmission:

I have installed the motor with the tranny before and I agree that
while it is a little more nerve racking as it goes in, it really is
easier than attaching the gearbox after the fact. However, I am using
a Smitty Toyota gearbox conversion and I want to make sure that my
slave cylinder/fork is lined up and working properly before I put
everything in the car. Tracy Drummond suggested attaching the bell
housing to the engine so that you can easily observe the working
mechanism and it seems to me that it is a precaution that will save
time later if things aren't lined up properly.

Again, thanks for all the helpful thoughts. They are appreciated.

Lin
1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye