[Healeys] Gearbox / OD identification

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 11:39:51 MDT 2007

Hello Jim;  My last email had the table all over the place.  Perhaps this one will work better.  It is taken from a Laycock paper with a listing for all A-Type OD in various vehicles.  I also added the early 32% in the first 100's.
  --Scott Morris, Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; '60 MkI BN7, '62 MkII BT7

  Laycock de Normanville Overdrives : A-Type  Ratio_____Serial No._____Model_____Hydraulic Pressure P.S.I
  SN32____1260________AH100____??????
  SN28____1292________AH100____420-440
  SN28____1447________AH100-6___470-490
  SN22____3009________AH3000____470-490
  SN22____3087________AH3000____470-490

  REF:
   Laycock Overdrive - Section 1: Working Principles, Maintenance and Fault Finding , Laycock Engineering Ltd, Undated
  -- "Original Austin-Healey", Clausager 1990, pg 25

bluechip <bluechipracing at snet.net> wrote:
  I have a sideshift gearbox /overdrive assembly I am trying to identify. the gearbox number is 10771, the OD is 22/3009/005148. It has the long shifter with the two bends, so I think it might be from an early 3000 mkII. None of my reference books delineate the gearbox or OD numbers with respect to car model or year. Any help would be appreciated.  Jim Smith  East Hampton, CT

J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives