[Healeys] Trafficator question

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sun Sep 9 19:05:12 MDT 2007

I've come across a problem I haven't seen covered with the
trafficator. Before anyone suggests, I've looked at the many useful
step by step photos on the various websites, and found them
invaluable when I replaced the trafficator wiring a few years
back....but!
The portion of the cancelling mechanism which rotates and pushes back
in the "triggers" also snags on the control arm when it reaches that
part of the rotation, and pulls it over into a signalling position
again....... It is tempting to slightly bend the metal cancelling
piece that rotates, but I fear it wouldn't then  be tight enough to
cancel the "triggers".
If anyone finds this unclear, but thinks they can help, I can email a
drawing that explains the problem  in a more graphic way.

Thanks,
Stephen, BJ8