[Healeys] Healey Sighting

Sid Shadle sshadle at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 12:32:09 MDT 2007

There is also a credit union here on the west coast (Patelco) that features
a picture of a right-hand drive Healey cruisin' down a country road
somewhere(?) on a poster in their offices advertising their rates for new
and used auto loans.  It's a nice picture; looks like a fun drive.

The irony here is that I checked with them a couple of years ago when I was
purchasing a '62 Tri-carb just to see if they would loan me $13K.  Even
though I had deposits with them far exceeding the amount of the loan I was
seeking, the answer was a solid ... "NO - we do not finance purchases of
vehicles that old, even if they are considered *'collector cars'   *".

When I saw the poster recently, proudly displayed on their office wall, I
asked the teller if he knew what kind of car that might be - his reply ...
"Oh, it looks like some Corvette or something."  I then told him it was a
Healey 3000 from the early 60's and related my experience with the loan
question of a few years earlier.  I then asked him why they would display
a poster with a picture of a vehicle that they would not finance.  He gave
me a blank look and called the manager over; she shrugged and explained that
some credit union organization just provided the posters.  I then asked if I
could take one of the posters ... "Nope, can't let you have one."  End of
this little tale.

As for the Tri-carb back then, I bought it; simply withdrew the bucks from
my Patelco account.

**