[Healeys] fuel line

Alan alanb at nfahc.co.uk
Sun Sep 2 12:09:33 MDT 2007

Guys.
The chemists among you may be able to comment on my observations.  In an
attempt to deal with the last few niggly oil leaks on my BJ8 I used PTFE (is
that what you call Teflon?) tape on the threads of the diff plugs and
gearbox drain plugs.  It appeared to work for a while but then mysteriously
the slight weeps down the threads returned.

On investigation it appeared that the tape was dissolving in the mineral
oil. Does that sound feasible?

Hylomar did the trick instead.

Regards..........
            http://www.nfahc.co.uk