[Healeys] indicator lights blink too fast

John Rowe jarowe at westnet.com.au
Tue Oct 30 07:39:50 MST 2007

Hi Guys

Lucas has finally struck 7 years after the restoration.

The indicators on the LHS blink too fast. Both front and rear lights work but
blink rapidly compared to the RHS.

I understood that if the indicators blinked too fast it meant that the load
was down and typically a bulb was out.

On inspection I noticed that the Lucas flasher unit was rated at 42watt yet
the only bulbs we can buy are 32 watt. Can you buy 42 watt bulbs in US?

Any help would be appreciated as I have only a week to go to finish preparing
the car before departure to The Classic Adelaide Rally.

regards from west oz

John Rowe
1959 3000 BT7