[Healeys] distributor rebuilding/windshield sealing strip info

bstarke at telus.net bstarke at telus.net
Mon Oct 29 11:43:27 MST 2007

Hi all, just wanted to put in a plug for Advanced Distributors (Jeff
Schlemmer)--I sent my Tricarb and  MGB distributors to Jeff for rebuilding.
they came back quickly--turn around without mailing time was only about 3
days-and they look like new and work great too. Price was reasonable as
well--&129 for the tricarb (including rebuilding the vacuum advance) and $89
for the MGB. He will set up your carb for your specifications too eg
cam/carbs/ignition etc
What a change to the driving experience with my "new" distributors!
Another plug for a supplier--I had to replace the windshield in my Tricarb and
had got the too thick seal from Moss/VB or somewhere else(don't remember where
as I bought it some years ago). Got the seal from Bob Yule at Autofarm which
is the right thickness for easy installation and which expands with oil to
seal properly--holds the windshield in place firmly with relatively easy
installation
Just a satisfied customer!
Bruce Starke
Golden BC
Tricarb-restored
BJ7--needs restoration
BN4--rusty and incomplete--may build into a rally replica in the next yeart or
two