[Healeys] O/D Problems

Leonard Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 27 18:16:24 MDT 2007

As you may recall from my recent e-mail, my OD was dropping out when I
turned the switch OFF and when I stepped on the accelerator with the switch
ON.  The consensus was that my OD relay was the problem.  Today, I removed
the relay and tested it.  It tested good both for relay operation and
contacts closing.  I reassembled it and reattached the wires.  I haven't
driven it but a test by turning the switch on and off and depressing the
accelerator seems to indicate that all is right with the world once again.
My conclusion at this point is that the problem was a bad contact at the
spade connectors.  Removing and reconnecting them cleaned them enough to
make things work properly again.  I will know for sure when I take it out
for its next drive.  If true, wouldn't it be great if all our problems were
solved that easily and cost effectively?!?!

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031