[Healeys] O/D Problems

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Oct 27 14:23:12 MDT 2007

OK, tunnel is off, tried to O/D by bypassing the centrifugal switch, it
kicks in fine with the car sitting there.  I pushed on the OD accuating
lever and the solenoid seemed like it was doings its job holding it in
place.

checked the little ball thing that gets clogged, it was full of oil, is this
correct if the car has not been run for a while?  as I recall when I have
looked before it has not been so full of oil.

Went for a drive, the solenoid lever flicked back and forth as it kicks in
and out of O/D does this mean bad solenoid?  I did not do the voltage test
Michael suggested, but can do this with a volt meter or 12 volt test light.

Should I reset the operating lever, haven't done that since I got the car 8
years ago?

Greg Lemon
54 BN1