[Healeys] factory numbers, etc.

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sun Oct 21 09:30:57 MDT 2007

Yes,
I never saw one that wasn't gold.
When I was a kid(?) we all had pretty dodgy motors, mostly minis, and we
used to put Gold(coloured)seal engines in them as and when we blew the
originals. Usually put in bigger engines than we started with.
My 3000's gearbox is a) gold and b) has a plate on it to the effect that
it's a genuine rebuilt item. But I can't remember if it's a factory Goldseal
without looking at it.
Simon