[Healeys] Spindle's out!

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sat Oct 20 08:58:20 MDT 2007

Just a follow up- once I was sure that this was probably a case of a
tight fit, and "gentle" persuasion was required, I gave the casting a
good smack with a brass drift and it began to rotate.
After lots of very tight rotating back and forth I got it to slowly
come up out of the block, and withdrew the spindle.
I feel I should say that the list is invaluable for these moments of
self doubt. From what I understood, there was nothing holding that
casting in, but with the confirmation of more experienced listers , I
felt better about giving it a wallop......(.with a softer metal, of
course!)
There may be more silly questions to follow.

Stephen, BJ8