[Healeys] custom duties

James Shope healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Fri Oct 19 23:03:04 MDT 2007

over ten years ago when i rebuilt my trans i sent the laygear to ahspares to
have a new gear put on.  for some reason it ended up in san diego and customs
wanted about 60 bucks or so duty on the whole laygear.  i fought with them
stating that it was my old laygear which had been repaired.  after much
haggling they finally shipped the part to me, but i still had an extra 10 buck
or so postage from san diego to vancouver, wa.  that cured me from buying from
the uk.   healeymanjim