[Healeys] Soft top question bj8

George Haywood haywoodone at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:05:17 MDT 2007

Rich, I tried the shims to tilt the foot forward and it had no effect on the
gap that I could see.  I inserted enough shims even so that I couldn't get the
rear nut back on the stud.  I then bent down the front lip of the aluminum
piece that the seals attach to and the gap closed quite a bit but the lip of
the aluminum piece is now even with the anterior portion of the windshield
frame.  I am wondering now if the aluminum piece should be unscrewed and moved
forward about 1/4 inch to line up the P seal and the top seal and then
manipulate the front portion of the aluminum piece to fit on the face of the
windshield frame.  Is that clear to you?  I don't know what else to do with
this except put a strip of rubber under either the P seal or the top seal in
order to fill the gap. George> From: richchrysler at quickclic.net> To:
haywoodone at hotmail.com; healeys at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Soft
top question bj8> Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:46:44 -0400> > George,> > Due to
your description I understand exactly what your problem is and it's >
relatively easy to fix.> The mounting brackets on either side of the car have
2 studs and one bolt in > each side. Shims can be placed between the bracket
and the top frame > mounting foot that will cause the foot to tilt forward or
back as needed. > Yours need to tilt forward juat a bit which will
miraculously completely > change that closing gap across the windscreen and
solve the problem. When > fitting these shims be aware that it will also
affect how the side pieces > come together and fit over the windup window
glass.> > Rich Chrysler>