[Healeys] Window Roll-up on BJ8

wericars at aol.com wericars at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 07:10:08 MDT 2007

Take a look at the window where it meets the frame and see if one or more of the three plastic guides is broken.? Brace the wondow at the base with a block of wood between the underside of the window and the bottom panel of the door.? Then disconnect the roll up mechanism.? With that disconnected, see if you can operate the crank through a complete up and down cycle.? Then see if you can lift the window in the frame by hand past the point where it is bound up.? If you can't , then the window is not running in the frame correctly.? If you can lift the window, but you can't turn the crank,?then you probably have a problem in your crank.? What if you can do both?? You may be able to lift the window? by hand because you are applying upward force in a way that avoids binding.? See if there is a lot of plan between the window and the frame.

In most cases, broken plastic runners is the culprit.

Bill
Boston area
65 BJ8