[Healeys] Window Roll-up on BJ8

Edward Keuer edwjkeuer at comcast.net
Sat Oct 13 21:00:38 MDT 2007

Hi everyone,

My new old car has another problem: my driver window won't roll up.
I've taken Steve's advice and pulled the handles off, then the
leather interior panel...only broke one plastic escutcheon so far. It
just snapped when I touched it - honest!

The window just won't go up at all. I can't lift it up or roll it up.
The "crank" shaft seems just stuck, though there is a bit of play in
it. What next, anyone? Remove those 7/16 bolts and try to get the
whole assembly out? Any good printed guidance step by step that
anyone knows of?

I wish the healey.org site had a reference library of all the tech
articles - that would help! But you all have been terrific and many
thanks for your kind and wise suggestions to a newbie like me.

Warm driving everyone - it's getting cold in Chicago!
Edw. J. Keuer
'66 BJ8