[Healeys] Frame number and serial number

Dallas Congleton dcongleton at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 11 06:04:03 MDT 2007

"The exception is the Metallic Golden Beige BJ8s
which have long sequences where chassis and body numbers are in sequence
together."

Steve , I wonder if there is any correlation in the sequence number and
paint color?  I remember an article years ago in Chatter when Donald Healey
was asked about the matching of paint colors. He grinned and said they
bought paint in 50 gallon drums, so that batch would be matched.  This would
indicate a "run" of cars the same color as the production paint equipment
would use one color at the time - such as the MGBs. Might be interesting to
extrapolate to other original colors to see if this was a sequence, at least
for the bodies.

Dallas