[Healeys] Frame number and serial number

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Wed Oct 10 15:44:57 MDT 2007

Healeys always came over from Jensens (where the bodies had been fitted,
assembled and painted, and by the time of the early 3000 roadsters,
partially trimmed as well) to Longbridge, and later (after October'57) to
Abingdon in transporter loads, first on was last off, etc. So it was very
easy to have the cars numbers vs. build dates somewhat out of sequence. In
addition if there was any sort of delay for corrections, fitting problems,
etc. the car was brought aside and sent to the appropriate rectiication
areas, further placing it out of sequence. Everything was hand pushed on the
tracks, there were no robotics, just small hoists, etc. workers stood at
stations to install various components, and everything was very much a hands
on operation.

Rich Chrysler