[Healeys] Undoing the crank nut

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 14:53:36 MDT 2007

Stephen

The official recommended tool for this is a heavy ring spanner with
large flats on the non ring end. This is then to be stuck with a heavy
hammer. The friction and inertia of the engine; even with the head off
is enough the hold the crank still whilst the nut undoes.

In emergency a very heavy adjustable spanner screwed up tight and a
heavy hammer will often do the trick so long as the spanner is heavy
enough to survive this sort of treatment.

Regards

--
John Harper