[Healeys] 62bt7

Kurt Leslie kansl at net1plus.com
Tue Oct 9 09:37:45 MDT 2007

I restored a 62bt7 about 3 years ago, quick kote was put into the gas
tank and except for rebuilding the fuel pump(original) due to new fuel
addatives, the car has run fine, except as of late, I loose fuel flow
from the tank, I have drained and flushed the tank several times, and
regularly change the fuel filter, installed between the tank and the
pump, but if the car sits for any length of time I get about 5 miles
down the road and loose fuel. Removing the filter and blowing back into
the tank with the gas cap off solves the problem instantly. Is there a
fuel screen inside the tank? Or is the tank not properly vented?   Kurt