[Healeys] MGB head gasket question

Ron Fine RonFineEsq at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 8 20:03:03 MDT 2007

Sorry to bomb the list with a MGB engine question but it is kind of a generic
engine rebuilding question.

I am ready to install my rebuild head on my 1800 MGB engine.  Both the
 head and block have been surfaced to insure they are flat.  I have the Payen
 head gasket.  I have never used this type of gasket before.  It has small
inset
copper rings around the water and oil holes.  There is still some
 depressed corrosion eroded areas around the water holes in the block with
rough
surfaces.  I am concerned that the small copper rings in the gasket might
 not be big enough to seal these holes.  Should I use some type of gasket
 sealer?   And if so, which one?

 Thanks for any advise.

 Ron Fine
 66 MGB