[Healeys] Re Brand new muffer

Daniel and Diane White dwhite4949 at wowway.com
Mon Oct 8 17:06:14 MDT 2007

Jack,
I recently purchased and installed a complete stainless exhaust system
from AH Spares.  By "complete" I mean downpipes, silencer (in U.K.
speak) and tail pipes.  I was told they have recently changed suppliers
from Falcon to Bell.  They said Falcon had some "quality issues" and
Bell uses a better quality stainless steel.  I opted for their "Big
Bore" silencer and tailpipes as I wanted a little  more aggressive sound
than the stock system.  I also used their "super clamps" which don't
crush the tubes like ordinary muffler clamps (in case you ever want to
get the system apart). Smear the inlets on the silencer with high temp
silicone (gold) before assembly and it's leak free.  Installation went
smoothly but you do have to get the tailpipes in just the right position
so as not to vibrate against the frame.  I know, it's hard to improve on
the sound of a Healey but the sound of this system is food for the soul.
Dan White
1962 BN7