[Healeys] Coverting Healey 100 BN2 to front disc brakes

Thomas Willig twillig at ruda.de
Mon Oct 8 08:31:23 MDT 2007

Hi folks,

I am planning to convert my 100 BN2 to disc brakes in front, while keeping
the original drum brake layout at the back. I am very uncertain about the
size of the master-cylinder. I have asked Denis Welch Motors for their
recommendation, they say that the standard size master cylinder of 3/4"
"should" work. On the other hand, I remember converting a Bugeye Sprite to
front discs and ended up with an abnormal hard brake pedal, which made me
change the master cylinder to a smaller size (original Sprite drum brake
7/8" bore, Sprite disc brake 3/4" bore).

Has anybody some experience with this conversion?

Regards

Thomas