[Healeys] GEARBOX / HYDRAULICS - WHICH IS IT?

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Sun Oct 7 14:07:31 MDT 2007

Scott,
You mention that the overdrive was recently serviced. It would pay to
check that the hose to the clutch slave cylinder enters the bottom of
the cylinder rather so that the bleed screw is at the top. If it has
been installed incorrectly such that the bleed screw is much more
conveniently situated on the bottom it is impossible to correctly bleed
the clutch system.
Also it would pay to ensure that the clutch hose is in good condition,
these tend to collapse inward which restricts the fluid flow and can
cause all manner of weird symptoms.

Michael Salter