[Healeys] Best Parts Sources (Part 1)

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 4 18:37:43 MDT 2007

Steve,

I had a similar (the same?) problem - mine was self induced.  I installed
the studs in the new hubs using a hydraulic press.  I didn't support the
back side of the hub well enough or I used too much force installing the
studs.  So the material around the studs deformed creating some high spots
on the side the rotor mounts to.  So the rotor couldn't sit flat and had a
bunch of runout.  I had to push the studs out, file the surfaces flat,
re-install the studs and the rotor.  The manual says up to 0.002" lateral
runout allowed.

Are you going to be at Eurofest?

Bob