[Healeys] SOS special project

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Thu Oct 4 14:59:43 MDT 2007

As mentioned earlier, I recently bought 5 Spridgets from the Madison area.
The woman I bought them from, Mary, was widowed about 7 years ago. It was
her husband that was the Sprite racer. but she shared his love for the cars.

In fact, besides the 5 cars I bought, she's kept 2. One car, a Bugeye
racecar. her 12 year old son wanted to keep since it had belonged to his
Dad. The other, she kept for herself. It's a MKI Midget that they had their
first date in. The Midget looks to be in very decent, restorable, perhaps
even drivable shape.

As a special project for SOS '07, I've offered to pick up her car in Madison
(or maybe PPP can arrange to get it here?), and we'll see if it turns over.
If so, we'll change the oil, flush the fuel, and see if we can get it
started. We'll also see if we can insure the clutch and brakes are
operational. Hopefully, she can end up with an operational car, or, at
least, properly prepare it for long term storage.

Wm. Severin Thompson

~iii<O

 <mailto:wsthompson at thicko.com> wsthompson at thicko.com

 <http://www.thicko.com/> www.thicko.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]