[Healeys] protecting paint, vinyl, leather, chrome

RThrift rthrift at cox.net
Wed Oct 3 16:48:54 MDT 2007

My dad's BT7 is all original, not restored.  This year it seems more
rust is showing through the paint & chrome.  The vinyl (or whatever)
on the fascia etc is sunbeaten & dried out.  What are your
recommendations to protect the original appearance?  Waxes, polish,
armorall?  Bolt a chunk of zinc to it?   (For chrome polish on e.g.
boot hinges or reflector trim rings, is there a problem if it
contacts the paint of the body?)

I'm not going to be showing the car, concours appearance is not at
all what I'm after, but I do want to protect it for the future.  This
is in Southern California, it's kept in a reasonably warm garage

Thanks!
Richard Thrift