[Healeys] VIN plate

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Wed Nov 28 19:20:54 MST 2007

Sarah,

The full VIN on the BN1s, at least the early ones, was located on a plastic
plate about the size of a business card that was screwed onto the kick panel
(on top of the trim) on the interior of the car. Since the interior trim of
these cars was always susceptible to weather damage and thus to being
replaced with everything from concours quality replacements to lime green
shag carpet, the true VIN plate is pretty much sure to be missing from any
non-original car. Fortunately there was a back-up plate on the chassis that
shows the numbers only. 14XXXX as opposed to BN1-L/14XXXX. This is explained
and a drawing of the plate is shown in Roger Moment and Gary Anderson's
book.

Bill Lawrence
BN1 # 554