[Healeys] OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!

Chris Masucci csooch1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 20:59:11 MST 2007

Unfortunately I can't believe everything that I read, because it doesn't
produce viable results.  I have tried retorqing MLS gaskets on several types
of engines, some nitrile, some viton (so they say), and once they are
squished, they are done.  You will not achieve the proper seal, even if you
tried to replace head bolts on a head that has not been removed with a MLS
gasket, one at a time.  I have tried it, it does not work, you will get a
compression leak somwhere eventually.  You will end up buying a new gasket
and starting over.

Go ahead and try it.  As I hinted, it's your money.  Maybe you have the cape
that I can't find.

Cheers,
Chris

  _____