[Healeys] SOS '07 whew

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Mon Nov 26 05:23:16 MST 2007

Hey y'all,

Basking in the SOS afterglow here..

OK. that's not true. Recovering is closer to the mark. We had around 25
folks here Fri., and a dozen or so Sat. We worked. We ate. We worked some
more, we ate some more. We got a lot done, but we're left with more to do.
Kris Larsen brought his plasma cutter, but got sidetracked on his racecar
project. I bought oxygen for my torch last week, yet somehow managed to not
notice I needed acetylene. So, 4 Spridgets were relieved of many of their
organ donor items, but await their final destiny.

On Mary's MKI Midget, the team got that thing running so sweet it's really
hard to believe. The right front wire wheel defied all attempts to remove
it, and I finally had to get out the blue wrench and torch it off. I managed
to do so without destroying the hub. Anyone got a spare wire wheel for Mary?
We're going to get a smaller SOS group together (would that be sos?)  in a
couple of weeks and finish up the brakes on it and get it back to Madison.

Thanks to all who attended, and those of you that had a vicarious experience
via the Floundervision webcast.

Wm. Severin Thompson

~iii<O

 <mailto:wsthompson at thicko.com> wsthompson at thicko.com

 <http://www.thicko.com/> www.thicko.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]