[Healeys] OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Nov 25 23:44:06 MST 2007

When I rebuilt my 100 motor last summer both the block and head were planed
smooth by the machine shop.  I re-used the studs and bolts, I did add
Permatex copper head gasket sealant, as I did when I pulled the head a few
years back just the check things out.  No head gasket problems either time,
although I did get a little weeping out the side after I removed it the
first time years ago.

No internal leaks either time.  Even with the higher compression to M spec
after the rebuild.  Don't know if the copper spray helps, or I was just
lucky.

Seems like I read of an Australian source for the steal gaskets for a lot
less ($100 or maybe it was $200, but definitely much less than $350)
Patrick Q do you have any information on the Aussie head gaskets???

Greg Lemon
54 BN1