[Healeys] Email problem follow-up

Richard Hosmer rahosmer at citlink.net
Tue Nov 20 08:52:49 MST 2007

Mike,

I read your post with some interest, as I also use Outlook Express, on an
older Mac. So far, so good - and I use Norton for my security stuff.

One (more) great thing about the Mac is that 95% of the internet troubles go
over your head - for example, it has NO idea what to do with an .exe file!!
:-)

In a similar vein, I would recommend that anyone using AOL for their email
to get rid of it. Their software is invasive and quirky, causing all sorts
of unexpected hiccups. How many sites have you visited where there was some
sort of note posted warning AOL users to do something not required of
others?

I kept it for much longer than I should have, fearing the email transition.
Turned out not to be a problem - you can still access your old stored
mailbox file - just don't connect to them on the net.

Dick Hosmer
1962 BT7 tricarb