[Healeys] phantom grip

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:15:33 MST 2007

Hello Pieter:  I checked out that website. Although it looks questionable to
me, it doesn't really matter. I have rebuilt a few Healey diffs over the years
and I can tell you - that funny little square thing ain't gonna work in a
Healey diff. So step up to the plate, spend the big bucks and buy a Quaife. I
was in a race one time- in the mid 90s - with inadequate oil level in my diff.
I burned all of the teeth off the pinion As the R's were going up, and I was
slowing down, I just assumed I lost a clutch. My Quaife got so hot it turned
blue, but it still works great to this day. Financial interest? Hell, I wish I
owned the company.  Richard Mayor, '59 BN7 Vintage Racer

> From: pieterscheen at optusnet.com.au> To: healeys at autox.team.net> Date: Thu,
15 Nov 2007 21:32:47 +1000> Subject: [Healeys] phantom grip> > Has anybody
ever used a Phantom Grip limited slip diff conversion? Do they> work and how
do they compare to say a Quaife unit? I had never heard of them> until a
friend sent me a link to their site (phantomgrip.com). Its looks to> simple
and cheap, must be a catch.> > Cheers> > Pieter>