[Healeys] Timing gear removal, again

Dave Russell Rusd at sitestar.net
Sat Nov 17 11:47:36 MST 2007

Hi Stephen,

Unless the chain is very, very loose, I doubt if you can remove it
without removing the  sprockets.

Usually, the chain & both sprockets need to be removed all at once. Ie,
the two sprockets must be pretty well lined up as they are withdrawn.

The crank sprocket can be a real war to get off. Even the two keys on
the crank can be very difficult to remove. Above all, don't damage the
crankshaft!

Regards,
Dave Russell