[Healeys] Timing gear removal

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Wed Nov 14 12:36:50 MST 2007

I'm removing the gears and chain from my engine in preparation for
taking out the cam (not a rebuild, I just have to get the cam out) ,
and I'm having trouble with the crank gear. I've got the perfect
little two legged puller which has just begun to move the cam gear,
but the crank one is more stubborn. I wondered if anyone may have a
trick here, because I don't want to put much lateral force on the
chain, but there is very little room behind this gear for leverage.
The manual's suggestion of two screw drivers at 180 degrees to one
another is not working for me.

Thanks,
Stephen, BJ8