[Healeys] fuel gallon marks by observation

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 02:42:27 MST 2007

I have not read all the details on this subject so maybe I have missed
it but I have not seen anything written that recognises that British
Imperial gallons are not the same as US gallons

        1 liquid US gallon      = 0.833 imperial gallon

The fuel tanks would have been defined in imperial gallons and therefore
a nominal 12 gallon Austin-Healey tank would in theory hold 14.4 US
gallons

Regards

>>> 2 Gal        15/16"
>>> 4 G           1-7/8"