[Healeys] fuel gallon marks by observation

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Mon Nov 12 15:29:47 MST 2007

Len,
It's a stock tank I bought on ebay--I think it came from a BN4 or BT7--don't
remember if the guy said.
There's no way this tank will hold 14.4 gallons--even to the top of the
filler neck.
I realize those are the specs but that's what I observed.

I used a measuring cup to achieve 1 gallon in a straight-sided kitty-litter
bucket, which I marked, then used the bucket to fill the tank. I rocked the
tank to make sure air bubbles got out.

The 6-3/4 is about 1" up into the neck.

Let's put this back on the newsgroup so maybe others can shed some light or
heat.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone else has actually measured one of these
tanks.

As a side thought--does your cooling system hold as much as the book says?
Mine seems to be full at a couple of quarts less.

I'd be curious if the Nocks with all their used parts have ever measured one
of these tanks.